The 5 Shorts Project enters its 4th Season
with 5 new films
Season 4 of the 5 Shorts Project will showcase the debut works of five individual female filmmakers on Saturday, March 17, 1-3 pm. at PhillyCAM, 699 Ranstead St., Philadelphia, PA. Admission is free and members of the public are welcome.
Founded by Shameka S. L. Sawyer, the 5 Shorts Project, helps aspiring filmmakers produce their first works.
The Season 4 lineup includes:
- A is for Apple by Theresa Anderson - On the first day of school, the heat is turned up on unsuspecting students when their teacher, Dr. Anne Savage, throws them a few surprises in first period chemistry.
- Love Finally by Janelle T. Harvey - When repeated heartbreak spurs a shaky Faythe to ditch dating altogether, she’s confronted with a new man who makes her heart flutter. But can he be the lifeline that makes her feel secure enough to wade back into the deep end of the dating pool?
- #NPWD (New Phone Who Dis?) by Kamillah Abdul - A young carefree woman finally decides to take a stand in her life and make some changes. But in a moment of weakness, she finds herself drifting back to her old ways. Her past then catches up with her and a decision has to be made.
- N O W by Bethel Sheppard Bates - Three people wrestle with the devastating aftermath of failing to do the right thing at the right time.
- Pocket by Dione Mcleod - Just when she thinks she's got it all together - great career, great boyfriend, great new job opportunity - Erin runs headlong into her ex, Sam, who starts to expose the cracks beneath her oh-so perfect surface.
Tickets are now on sale for our 3rd annual film awards!
Who do YOU want to see get the IFAP Impact Award?
Don't just sit there - let us know! Cast your vote for 2018 IFAP Impact Awards! The award goes to one female and one male recipient each of whom has made a significant contribution to film, TV, and media. Vote online today!